Wednesday, July 20, 2005

TRUTH leads to CHANGE...the truth about HOMOSEXUALITY

I talked to my friend Clay and he said that he used to go to a really cool church, and he said, "Randall, I think you would like it, it's a mega church". So I decided to check out, and when they handed me the worship guide in the visitor's parking lot of Sugar Creek Baptist Church, and I read it before I even got in, I was ready to turn around and go find another church. I didn't, I swallowed my pride and said I will go listen.

I am a devout Christ follower, and the only thing I cherish is my faith and everything that wraps itself up in that.

After saying that, I am a christian by my faith, but some of my beliefs are not completely founded in scripture. Lately, I have been struggling with the topic of sexuality, and why people make such a big deal out of it. I believe people are just people who are made in the image of God differently - male/female, believers/ non believers.
I don't believe in race, religion, color of skin, or sexual orientation, we are just human beings! I have been blessed with a wide range of friends, alot of my friends are gay, black, asian, atheist, muslim, and a few straight friends. I love my diverse friends. I am blessed.

A favorite mega church in the upper Midwest of mine, are having classes on this very subject, however they are calling it, "Broken Sexuality". One of these days I want to check that class out. Each person has his/her own beliefs. People make decisions everyday, and one of mine is to try and up hold what the Bible says about these subjects and sin to the best of my ability. I DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING, but one thing I can't wait to ask God is, why cant people just love people, nothing more, nothing less, just the way they are? Sometimes I wish this life was not so darn complicated, life is too short for stress-filled, complicated lives.

SugarCreek did a ok job on this message, I am waiting for the CD to come online, and to finish reading all the information they were giving out. I will share more, when I am finished reading, and studying. That is it for now, I think...Peace

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randy
I was very moved by your comments this day. i to am a christian who does not understand why christian are the most biggoted group of people (some not all). i heard one time this great comment that if Jesus was on earth today the bracelt would read not WWJD but WWJK for who would jesus know. if he was here today he would befriend the poor, unwed mothers, gay/lesbian, underprivileged people becasue that was who he embrased when he was here the first time. i think that most christians have forgotten this.
j

Anonymous said...

I want to know if you were more distressed by what you heard or how the people related to you at the church. I agree that you should love all regardless of social stigmas, but at the same time you have to take into consideration, that which the Bible teaches us on gay issues. It is not Biblical, but being nice and having tolerance towards those who struggle with this issue should be stressed more. S

Anonymous said...

There aren't classes called "Broken Sexuality."
I never said that booger.
I did like your post though, just try not to misquote me next time, K?!K!!!!!
Love you, love your show.