Sunday, July 10, 2005

Making Ripples. The 3r's...Rest, Relaxation, and Reflection-a sabbatical

Last weekend at fellowshipchurch.com ... We've all asked the question, "why am I here?" We want to know if there is a purpose for our existence. Mike Breaux tackled this issues as we discovered that our lives are much more than just accidental happenings. What we do with them can have an impact far beyond what we may be able to see today.

Life is very short, and we can impact people, friends or just strangers that we meet, for a life time. I just got back from a nice, and enjoyable time at my dads, the last day I was hanging with a friend. I stopped to drop off dad and bumped into that friend that I was getting ready to meet at my house, but at a later time (how wired was that), we both got out of vehicles to say hello, cause it has been a couple of years. Well this old guy confronts us and asked why I didn't park in a stall. Deep down inside I got mad, cause I didn't even know the guy, but I apologized and told him to have a great day, and gave him a God Bless your sir. Now if I would handled that different because I was with my friend, I would not be in the opportunity to let the situation get me down. Oh yea I was upset, but I have been determined I am not going to let people get me upset any more. Life is too short not to "Make Positive Ripples"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"make positive ripples?" i will remember this the next time you call me. very uplifting though and if this is your true goal for the future, then more power to you.