Monday, July 18, 2005

IKEA, IKEA, IKEA, a trip in time-Mozambique Africa

Well I made it down to Houston safe and sound. I found the Ikea and a few times had to put my pupils back in the sockets. All I can say is, I will be the first at the grand opening of the DFW location. Mark it, belief it, make a ring.

I spent 3 filled not so fun months in Mozambique Africa my freshman summer of college in 93. I met this really cool chick from Houston- Angie, she was a swell, cool, laid back sort of girl that all the guys got along with. She was the sweeter one of the group. Just 5 years ago, I tracked her down and traveled down south to meet Angie and her new husband Kirk. Great guy, awesome people and really have a heart for people and their faith.

Funny story ( I am sure you will remember this) they took me to this summer arts festival and lets just say the freeeeaaakkks were out and about. The final straw was this guy who was so punked out of his mind had pointed tipped small little triangle Mohawks of hair sticking out of his head. The scary thing was, if that was not enough, he was carrying this GIGANCTIC iguana on his shoulders and you could pet it, after the quick pet, we dashed.

This last time down, I had another great surprise, unlike their dog thinking I was his new best friend, was their 6month old baby girl named Dylon. She was a cute and happy little thing. I mostly hung out with Kirk, he showed me around their new home, caught up on old times and hopefully encouraged, as I was getting encouraged. Angie came home right in time as we just got dinner home, and we chatted, ate PeiWei, looked at old pictures, and laughed alot. Now that we live only 4hours away, we promised we will stay in touch more.

This is what life is about sharing faith, hope, and love with others, especially to this exceptional Christian couple, who like me, love God and people. Love you TWO!!!

Tomorrow, LIVE FROM THE COMPAQ CENTER-LAKEWOOD CHURCH...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

super spiritual entry. These are so spurratic. You are just all over the place with topics. Way to keep it interesting. S