Thursday, July 14, 2005

a friend I know...their family consumed with cancer, and others like them...

I just want to start off by saying that, I don't claim to know everything especially this subject. I have been in my bed crying for a few hours wondering how life continues to deal severe blows to people I know and care about. I know I can't get mad at God and/or don't want to, there really is no need for that. However, I always find myself praying asking God "what is up with that?", I know that cancer has not affected my family yet and pray for the day I can shed light on it when and if it does. I have a friend who's mom just found out she has cancer in the gall blatter and around that area, they immediately insisted she go in for surgery, and did not have time to tell the family-literally. As I have listened on the phone, and on shoulder as to the pain this person, emotionally, physically, pyschiologically, and spiritually is going thru, I can' help to wonder what else I could do, but just be there for them. I honestly thank God that I am still here on earth, and thank him for my close friends around the world, but especially the ones from home.

Lets call this one girl shelly, we have been friends for over 10 years and life will never separate us until death does. Her family has been exposed to cancer and the strength this women has, gives, and beholds is amazing to lay eyes on. I will never forget the day when she told me about one of her family members finding out about her cancer. Knowing there was something wrong since I spent the holidays with them, I could only brace myself for the obvious. However I was not ready for this most recent one this week, as I have shared my best friends sister's story, I can only pass on hope that
G O D is in control, we might not know it, believe it, or care about it, but I am glad I was able to share encouragement from one life to another. Relationship with God and others are crucial for life, I know if I did not have mine, I would be still out wandering around. To my close friends who have dealt with this, thank you for sharing with me, so I can share with others some faith, some hope and some love.

I love, care, and pray for you all. KK, shelly, shaner in CB, Iowa!!!!!!!!

LLLL IIII VVVVV EEEEE SSSS TTTT RRRRR OOOO NNNNN GGGGGG!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my dear friend...can you believe the turns our lives have taken us? I love you and thank you for the support you've shown to me and my family. You have a heart of gold and i am grateful that you are in my life. mk-

Anonymous said...

first of all, learn how to spell "gall bladder". secondly, i can feel for this subject as well. yes, it does suck. j & s