Thursday, March 30, 2006

Going the distance...

****THIS POST IS DEDICATED TO SHANE****

If you all know me and most of you do, I am a person that goes the distance, maybe not like my friend Shane on the harmony wall one night, but I do go the distance. Love you shaneee. Since I am now a assistant manager at my job some times you have to go the extra mile and for what ever reason, I did just that. Our head cook did an amazing job this past week, but no one else was working as hard as him, the next day he did not show up for his shift, so I took it upon myself to drive 15 miles to his other job and just see what is really going on. After a long talk as he was walking me out, he said, "who put you up to this, Debbie, no Derrick," and I said , "Pablo, I did it all on my own," he said, "Thompson that is what I really like about you, you do care about people, thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to come chat with me, no one has ever done that."

If you find yourself one day needing to do a good deed for the day, I am sure there are many opportunities to do just that. The one time you reach out and show that you care, not just with "lip service" but actually put it into action. The feeling you will get, maybe later on down the road will out weight your decision to not care.

Oh yea little shaney waney, "Oh yes I did", love it, don't leave it alone for a rainy day."

living for an audience of ONE...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, no you didn't. Well it is discreet enough. My month of hell is over and I will be more accessible. We just wrapped our play tonight, so I am all finished. Sounds like things are going well for you down there. I have to talk to you about Easter sometime too. Love me long time.

S