Sunday, March 19, 2006

Fellowshipchurch Uptown New Building UPDATE....Ready for the one arm bandits??

I don't really know how I could forget some FC news but, I did, sorry sue me. FC-uptown campus purchased a building and you can check out the building updates right here.

We made it back from Shreveport safe and a little more insane. I thought I came out of my shell when I go on vacation, nope not even close. Ritter and Afif went absolutely crazy, it was fun, don't get me wrong. That was probably one of the funniest experiences I have been on in a long time. We all 3 went to church, afif wanted to go and Ritter did not want to. When we left the auditorium, Ritter looked at me and said, "that was awesome, and Afif said, "can I come with you again, next week, that was just what I needed". At that moment, my heart began to skip a beat, my eyes got teary eyed, and I began to breath a sigh of relief, I introduced yet another one to Fellowship, now it is up to God, to water the seed. On the way down to Shreveport we had a few good talks, but when they were on the phones, they were telling people they went to church, and they really did like it. How cool is that?? We checked into our dive motel, let me just say our card was not working, and every time we wanted to get into our room, the maintance man had to open the door with a crowbar-can you say ghetto??. I won $60, Afif won $40, and Nick won $20, we had a great time bonding as men, drank a lot of free liquor, and laughed at each other a whole lot.

In closing, I will leave you with this thought for church leaders reading this, People just like Nick say to me all the time, "Randall, I have been to a lot of church's in my day, and I hate that they always do the same thing, you church is so cool, so awesome, and very creative with their services, why can't more churches be like this one?", and I said, "I often ask that exact same question, a lot". As Nick and Afif were saying their good byes to me Monday morning they said, Thanks for planning this awesome weekend, thanks for taking us to your church, I really needed that, it was the highlight of the weekend." I can honestly say that if my time was up here in Dallas, I would be ok moving on, knowing I have made a difference in a few friends lives, but I will continue showing my faith, my hope, and my love

peace, randall

living for an audience of ONE...

No comments: