Monday, March 13, 2006

Fellowship Church and Math??? When they come running???

This year for Lent, FC is slowing things down, and wanting us to really focus on our hearts for worship in this month long Lenten season. Here is how we do math at FC

Lent - (minus)

smoke- (minus)

lasers- (minus)

lights shows- (minus)

stage hands= (equals) a focused heart devoted to intense worship

I have been hanging out with a buddy of mine that I use to work with at Blue Mesa from the DFW INTL airport. He is a very considerate person trying to find himself in a world where he has no family. I tell all you that because my friend Nick has a friend named Bennott. This 22 year old kid has a 3 year old son, and he just got out of jail. Nick, his best friend is moving April 1st back to Mpls. only for 15 months for chef school and Bennott will be homeless. Now what should I do? I feel for this kid, and I just want him to be a good role model for his son, like one day I will be for my own son. I have been thinking, I can't believe my own flesh and blood, my son will be 17 May 10. It's weird to think of me as a dad, when I have had no contact on bringing him up in this crazy world. Oh well, so back to Bennott, should I invite him into my one bedroom apartment and try and help him for 6 months to get him back on his feet, or pass him by, when he clearly is looking for me to try and show him Jesus in a practical way, I am not sure.

living for an audience of ONE...

No comments: