Sunday, April 02, 2006

Making History with Lessons From Hell...TD Jakes @ FC...

Today was the one year of passing of the Pope John Paul II, and the Vatican city was filled with mourners and parishioners to honor the man who was the pope for 26 years. Also, it was opening weekend for MLSoccer, and MLBaseball, and the home opener for the Texas Rangers is Monday April 3, while FC DALLAS soccer team won their home opener at their new Pizza Hut park in Frisco Texas against the Chicago Fire.

The buzz was in the air, excitement flowed through the campus, and most importantly our fearless leader was back, and Ed was on fire from being on 4 week spring break. Each year I fall more in love with this awesome church, only because there is no other church like it in existence. FC is not scared to tell the truth, when that is all they have to tell.

Nothing scares us more than hell. Even those who don't believe in hell fear it. But in this weekends message, Ed will take us on a unique look into this most feared of all places. And we learn some valuable lessons from hell that can help us discover a life of meaning and influence-a life that God wants us all to have. taken from worship guide.

Well for me history was made this weekend, we started a two week study on Hell, and a clear plan of salvation was the meat of the service. When it came to the end for our normal "in your seat response time", Ed decided to have an altar call. This was the first time since I have been here in my 3 years where they did this. He said, "this is a defining moment for our church, I needed this message, FC needed this message, and if you need to make a statement to God, you need to come forward." I was in shock to say the least, but as took a sneak peek into the crowd in front of me, hundreds went forward to receive Christ and talk to a trained counselor in the atrium. It was life changing for them, and my church, because that is not a norm, especially in today's mega church culture.

Saturday night Afif and I hung out in uptown Dallas, and then had a really good 3 hour talk at my place till 430 in the morning. That is the first time we really have had that deep of talk, and you know what, he is finally getting it, the light is starting to barely flicker, and that is awesome. Life change is in the making and I can see hope in him.

I forgot to tell you that last week TD Jakes from the Potters House here in Dallas was the guest speaker at FC, and I could be wrong, I think it was the first time we had a African American speaker in the FC house. WORD!

living for an audience of ONE...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will not pay these rates to fly....... Whip out your checkbook MFer.... CLR