Wednesday, March 01, 2006

40 Days of Lent is here... When a friend comes running??

Welcome to the world of no more hangovers as of 12 midnight last night for Fat Tuesday, lent has begun for Christians and Catholics alike. I am not personally disclosing what I am giving up, but I am challenging all my friends, family, and you to make a sacrifice. If you were to give up something small, you might have the opportunity to witness something really big happen in your life.

When a friend comes running, you better have on your jogging shoes. Yesterday was an eventful day, one of my very good friends came running into my store crying, ranting and raving. This person just got fired as a manager, and was devastated about it. Without getting into the whole story, (don't ask, cause I won't tell you) I had to take back the badge, keys, and computer card. I am so glad that this person could trust me enough to come, get and need encouragement. I took ***** to celebrate and get a drink, sent ***** on the way. I wondered what would come of it, when you know it is time to go, next time cut ties, move on, and quit, or other wise they will find a way to fire you.

living for an audience of ONE...

No comments: