Sunday, August 28, 2005

SURPRISE, sUrPrIsE, surprise... Going HD?... Friends as visitors...

**THIS POST IS DEDICATED TO ERIC ANDREW SMITH AKA MR. DRUMSMITH***

Yes it is true, Eric and Matthew Smith are brothers, (how I don't know) but the parents of both of these boys were welcomed home from Malaga Spain with open arms. (Some sooner than others)
Some of you have asked if I have any pictures of the Grand Opening of the New Lakewood Church in downtown Houston when I went July 16. You can check out the new Texas size sanctuary here or go to my top 10 list. It is truly a great church and such a God thing that is going on in Houston.

Well,. A new church year, new HD sound system, more new lighting, new HD screens, new HD monitors, new HD cameras, means FC has gone completely HD, so let's celebrate with a surprise!!! Ed opened up all 4 services by sharing his passion for music from non-Christian (which his favorite is U2) to Christian. He said, "I thought this would be a great way to kick off the new start of the year by asking my favorite Christian band to come and lead worship this weekend, please welcome the NEWSBOYS", and the show was under way.

I am enjoying my life, enjoying my church and enjoying being a Christian down in the south, for me, it has never been a better time to be alive, being able to move down here, share my Faith, my Hope and my Love, and be apart of the greatest thing going for the local church-fellowship.

Just realized by looking at my daytimer that four friends of mine are coming down to visit me soon, two from Omaha, and two from Missouri, I will pass on more info as soon as I find out. For all of my other friends, you still have time. Well give you a Texas size welcome you won't forget.

Thank you to everybody who has emailed me personally, called with their encouragement, shared comments, and a warm welcome to me letting you into my life in a little bit more personal way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of elaborate equipment for the church. What did they do with all the old equipment? Hopefully "donated" it to another establishment since they already seem well to do. It's just good karma, you know?

S

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you are doing well in the south. Hope you all enjoy the new equipment at church.
j in texas