Friday, August 12, 2005

IKEA BOUND, in a Honda, not a Hummer, ED is back

Well, it is that time again, where we try and tackle the crowds, that they are still reporting of an hour wait to get into that stupid Ikea. It will be a very chill day for me, cause that is what kind of mood I am in, Mo's friends are gone, so no VIP treatment, or security with us, I do have to admit, even though I would love that lifestyle, it was kinda of nice, hanging out with the rich, and viewing life from a different lens, even though people were driving me nuts, and they were not even interested in me or talking to me.

Well, this weekend, has marked along time in the waiting. Ed is finally back from a nice sabbatical of preaching at FC for the summer. He has been away since the end of May.
He will be starting a brand new series, called, "Authority Issues" . Many people have responded, and asked the question, did Ed really drive a brand new 2005 Ferrari on stage, click on "Ed is finally back and you will just have to see. Belive it or not, I really dont make this stuff up, ask Matthew Smith, he has attended FC, and loved it. haha

"Don't tell me what to do!" it's the rebellious cry of our free-thinking, ego-driven society. From soccer moms to CEOs, we all have authority issues. But our defiance breeds discontent-an empty space between us and God. In this series, we will learn that to reconnect with God, we must first recongnize His authority and shed our own authority issues.

I will see you this weekend at Fellowshipchurch.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting that the lines are still so long. The novelty of that place is still going strong and then you have to think to yourself, do you really want the same stuff that everyone else is rushing in to get? Good luck getting in after such a long wait.

S

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that anyone would wait that long to get into a furniture store!!!! Also the new message at church sounds very very interesting you will have to keep me updated on how well you are doing with this teaching.
j in texas