Friday, August 26, 2005

Missionary parents home from Spain... Last day of freedom... Want to own a piece of Fellowship?

Matthew Smith's parents landed safe and sound in the Big O, late Thursday night, and back at home getting ready for the big family reunion, this year planned in Colorado. They were roughin' it in malaga Spain, one of the nicer parts of Spain. It is known as the L.A. California. It is fast paced, lots of people and a wealthy part of Spain. They were gone for two years, and rented out their house in Waverly Nebraska to a Christian couple. Planning on maybe returning, but not for as long as they did. No more 3 way phone calls every Sunday at 2pm that I have had the pleasure of sitting in the car with, waiting for the chat to finish.

Well I started my new job, and I will indeed love it. The money is great, the martini's are O-wonderful, and the "Live jazz" every night is breathtaking. When I am on the floor, I will let you know, so you will have to come and see me.

This summer, Fellowship went all out for their vacation bible school, that was 3 weeks long. This years theme was around the world thru the bible, to say the least they decorated the CCC and went all out. Well, rumor has it that they are selling the 2 and half story replica of the Eiffel Tower, you can make a bid thru eBay.
If I find the link, I will pass it on.

Tomorrow heading to church for both services, we have a very special guest in, and my source tells me they have 15 weekends in 2006 booked with big well known head-liners, so tomorrow I will tell you all about the #$@%*&^!!!! See you at the big FC!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, congrats on the new job and can't wait to hear more about it. Secondly, a 3 week VBS at your church. That sounds like quite an ordeal. Plus the "2 story" Eiffel Tower? Yikes. A bit extreme for me, but sounds cool. Thirdly, what kind of big name acts? Ones who represent Christ in their performances or "just" big names? Interesting. Sounds like things are going well in your world though.

S

Anonymous said...

excuse me, i believe they're my parents as well.