Monday, August 22, 2005

Sizzling end of Summer Fellowship surprise... a Step Back in Time...World Youth Day...Brown-Nosing my best friend!

Fellowship announced a musical surprise for this next weekend??? I wonder who or what it could be? (of course i know, but I cant tell) It will be definitely hot in theerrreee.

This weekend, I took another friend for the first time to FC, and the music lineup was smoking-(literally). My friend was very impressed with the whole service, she loved the campus, loved the music, and really thought the message was very deep for being a seeker sensitive church. Listen to how cool this was. One of Ed's illustrations was about diamonds and how jeweler's chips away to get the most precious stone, and how Jesus does that with our daily lives, with the people who He puts in authority over us. The last special during the offering at the close of the service, they had a artist come out and spray-paint on canvas during the song, to reveal at the end that it was actually a beautiful diamond. It was awesome.

Well, this weekend was very special to me, after my dad telling me about this couple moving down here, and he thought we went to the same church. I got in touch with this couple that I have not been to church with in over 10 years. They were present at my parents 30th Wedding Reception, and my moms funeral. It was good to meet John and Shelly Ammerman at Fellowship, we went to service together, and a 2 hour lunch catch up. They moved here 9 months ago, they live one mile and one exit from me. They saw me one time at FC, but thought there would be no way I would be here in Texas, and of course not bald, but it was me they saw, but when John turned around to get my attention, I was already gone.

Five million youth showed up for World Youth Day 2005 in Cologne Germany for a week of refreshing of the soul through fasting, prayer, and mass.

I want to thank MATTHEW SMITH, for pointing out (even though he does not care for mega church's), the list of the Top 50 Most Influential Churches, and of course who do you think ranked 4th out of 50? You guessed it.

All in all, I had a relativly quiet weekend, I did go to a little (not so happening) pool party, but didnt really feel like swimming. I did burn the top of my bald -ass-head. Will that be good enough SHANE KARDELL?? Don't even go there!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

love.you.

Anonymous said...

Interesting!! Thanks for the shout out. I feel honored. I am blessed to know extended and unrated cut of Randy P. Thompson's life. Congrats on #4 most influential. I would have never guessed. Of course who took the pole?

S