Wednesday, November 30, 2005

whyiDOUBT... Waiting on the Stars... Herb&Ester visit FC

Yes, it is true, I waited on Steve Harvey, Michael Irving, Danny Glover, and yes last but not least Barry Switzer, he is not real popular here in the DFW. I wonder why?

Ed's message this weekend was on doubt, and how we learned that Jesus had doubts, and that it is ok to doubt. It is healthy to have some doubt to show that you are real and not fake.

Thanksgiving weekend is always a big deal at FC, they have the whole campus decorated, and it is always packed with new people visiting for the first time with their families. I invited my dad's best friend Herb and his wife Ester. We hung out all day and then went early to church for some coffee and then headed to the 5pm service. They liked it for the most part, but couldn't understand why Ed didn't give a invitation at the end. I tried to explain that most mega-church's these days, have a response time, and people just don't do or like invitations.

I have been working a lot, and hoping this month goes by quick. This time of year does not impress me that much, except for Thanksgiving weekend of 98' is when I found Christ, and also the last time I say my mom alive.

Peace

No comments: