Sunday, November 27, 2005

Dalke's NEED PRAYER>>>please

I went to college with the Dalke's, and they need your love prayer's right now.

Please pray for Kevin & Jennifer Dalke: (my sister)
Thursday night- Kev & Jen's house caught on fire EVERYONE MADE IT OUT OKAY. Dave & Crystal Breithaupt (for those of you who know them) and myself had all been out there since Wednesday night. The upstairs fire alarm went off about 6:00 p.m. and when Kev went to see what the matter was could see smoke and flames from the chimney/attic. We all proceeded out.. thinking we would have to spend the rest of the weekend wiping down walls and airing out the house... Instead we watched the whole house quickly consumed in flames. Basically they only have the clothes on their back. Everything else was destroyed. It was so surreal.
History: Jen & Kev have been restoring a 100 year old home on about 7 acres of land about 1 hour east of Council Bluffs. They had put lots of money and lots of sweat into their home for the last three years and now everything is gone. They have a wonderful church community that I am hoping will take them under their wings. I only live in a duplex and although Kevin works in Bellevue, their school, life and friends are out there.
Please pray for them. Pray that God would provide a place for them to live that would work out best for everyone. Pray for peace during this stressful and emotional time. Pray that God would go before them and work out all the little details. Pray that their church would come and walk besides them. Pray for them as they walk through this with their girls. Amazing enough the kids (Briethaupts' too) kept themselves fairly preoccupied and it wasn't too traumatic- I'm sure that will come later. Pray as the grieve over this lost- Yes it only earthly possessions but it's still a lost of hopes, dreams, and things that can never be replaced- baby pictures, family heirlooms-
We are all rejoicing- this could of happened while we were sleeping... everyone was downstairs at the time... therefore we were all able to just put on our coats and walk outside. Please pray for all of us- as we work through these emotions and feeling very helpless for the Dalke family.
\r\nI came home tonight without my suitcase with my stuff..no blow dryer, no slippers- but I have a place to come home to. I will keep you all updated. Love, Diane
I came home tonight without my suitcase with my stuff..no blow dryer, no slippers- but I have a place to come home to. I will keep you all updated.
Love, Diane

ReplyReply to allForwardInvite dimcmillen@netzero.net to Gmail

No comments: