Monday, May 01, 2006

Immigration March... Purging my soul..EASTER PICTURES ARRIVE

Today marks a significant petition in the hispanic, latino, and asian culture as it was the march heard around the nation. Back in the day, I was thinking that we just need people to come over here legally, and then I realized that one of my best friends down here fits that bill(only with his green card). I have my hands full with this summer. Afif my bangladishian friend needs my help with learning how to swim, focusing his life, and also studying to get his citzenship. Last year, I helped a friend (a little) from TGIF to get her citizenship, and I somewhat enjoyed the process. This summer however, it will feel like I will be going back to school in helping my buddy study, study, study. He asked me if I would help him to do this, and I was humbled when he said, "I have no one else that could help me, except for you" As the clock ticks closer to my birthday in a few hours, my heart is consumed with how God brings people into each others lives. I won't deny that I have been racist in the past, but that is slowly changing for me. I work, live, and breathe with people of another race, and who am I to say that one is better than the other. Dallas is home right now, and helping a good friend in a month study for his citizenship brings tears to my heart as to the road that God has so far brought me down.

Fellowship Church's Easter extravaganza is now in picture on this website, that features FC as a proud sponser of the church. They are also responsible for all the lighting elements you see.

living for an audience of ONE...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey the link to fellowships pictures from easter are at...http://www.landrudesign.com/DefaultFrameSet.htm?Gallery_FellowshipChurch.htm%7ELandruMnFrm

Anonymous said...

Happy early birthday for this date of blog and late birthday for this posting of my comment. Sorry I missed your birthday, but for some reason, I thought your birthday was on Friday. I can't wait to hear about what you did to celebrate. I'm sure that it was in true Randy spirit. So you will be getting something in the mail soon from me. Hopefuly I will get to the post office this weekend. I figure that I have a little leeway since you didn't say anything about mine till a month passed the date. So that is my saving grace in this subject. Ha! Anywho, hope it was great and I will talk to you soon.

S