Saturday, October 22, 2005

What's around the bend...

Well, breast cancer month is almost over, and I am gearing up for what lies ahead for me in the next few months. Along with a heavy work load, and a few friends that want to come and see me, (3 different groups just for thanksgiving weekend). I am not sure how I am going to pull that one off, and with the big one, my moms passing away month, I am gearing up for the emotion. I was lying in bed and realizing that I am still so blessed. My health is not where I want it to be, but we are working on that. My family and some very close friends are still dealing with cancer and on Halloween coming up, it will be a somber, but joyous time of reflection. I had a couple of friends pass away since I have been living here in Dallas, from Aids.

I just want to share Aids is not just a gay thing, people's mindset, is that only homosexuals pass on Aids. That is probably just the opposite, more heterosexual people who pass it knowingly, and some unaware of this diease, that can be slow, but deadly are in the running. It's not hard to practice safe sex, trust me, I know people who were very sexually active, and have been non-active for well over 5 years.
That is probably one thing I really enjoy about my life, in a non-bragging way, is that I have friends, and can make friends with anybody or any group. I am developing a friendship with a friend who visits FC and thinks every church should be cool, hip, and contemporary like that. He has realized through me and our talks, that his sexual activity really needs to slow down, HE realized it, without me making him really aware of how careless he is with who he takes home from the bars. No, he is not a Christ follower yet, but he does know the difference in my life verses his own. That is how I can have so many different types of friends without judging them, and they do not feel so much pressure from me, like others who are more of a "bible beaten' em over their head". People it is being real, honest, open, with the intent of building a relationship that they see, feel, and hear in a non-judgmental way. I don't have it down, but when it comes down to friendship, I at least know I am heading in the right direction, cause it comes back to me, "if you want a true friend, or if you need to talk to someone, you can definitely trust him". When I hear that, or it comes back to me, I feel really good knowing trust has been established, now I just hope I can show a little God in me, and how my life has been positively altered back on the right course.
peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are a GREAT friend...miss you...need to get together very soon
m