Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Be still and know you are on vacation this past weekend

I woke mid morning
awoke to the cool air
enjoyed being alone with myself
the phone rang no more
the room spinning in silence
I knew this weekend would be peaceful
made it out of bed since I have been awake for an hour
roamed my apartment naked to the cool air blowing in on me
played on the computer
watched TV
the aroma of incense covered my pipe smoke
listened to jazz for hours
no Fridays, no my martini
oh to be free to just do nothing
can I be dreaming
3 good meals all three days off
vacationing from life, but not left texas
knowing I can be free to just be ME

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HHmmmmmmmm??!! Interesting entry for a weekend. I was at least expecting something .........like.......hmmmmmmmmm I don't know.........like bike cops or something to that effect. You know that drama that follows you everywhere. I did find the poem neat though.

S