Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Long day at the office...Visit Fellowship of Maceio, Go White Sox

What a very long day and night. I just got home, the bar got spanked, and I was asked to bar back and help out. It is a really fun job, but the bartender sure does like for us two to do shots together. I was working my tail off and by the 2nd shot, and wondering why I am sweating, I came to the realization that I had not eaten, since oh let's say 4pm, and by then it was time to go home. We had a girl who comes in a regular basis, that is always loopy. We found out that she is a pill popper, and to be honest, I really don't know anybody around my age and under who is not. It is kind of sad, that all the people I know are always popping zanax, vicadin? And stuff like that. I ended up "being security" and watching her all night so she would not leave, while we were waiting for the cab to come. Towards the end of the night, another one passed out at the bar, and we had to call him a cab, to say the least, wow what a night!?!?

I know I should really be a Texan as my friends say, but I really hope the White Sox pull a big win.

I am sad to say that the Fellowship web design dept. are making a few changes, I am not sure, why, and for what reason they did not get my opinion on this, but they are no longer sharing with the world what kind of worship set they did that weekend on their web page. I hope they change their mind, we will have to wait and see. One of the big mission trips that FC does, started 3 years ago in Maceio Brazil, check out the updates here.

This weekend was awesome at FC. Tianne Moon is one of our speakers when Ed is gone and she spoke on how to really listen. Between the roar of rush hour traffic, the buzz of airplanes overhead and the constant ringing of the telephone, it's amazing that we can hear our own thoughts-much less the voice of God when He calls out to us. In this message we learned how to drown out the White Noise and listen to the one true voice that matters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I FINALLY found you!