Friday, September 09, 2005

STOP the truck...a day of silence... Handing out awards... "Anyone for a Love Affair?"...Grapevine-means Grapefest

Well, I was trying to get home before my dad and his friends got to the hotel. He calls me and says, "hey we just passed a sign that said, Mesquite 2 miles ahead". Of course since my dad and his friend Herb are total pranksters, they were joking and that was the running joke the two days they were here, and it still is going on even though they have left. "Thanks for the laughs," they said.

Silence is golden,
I awake to jazz playing,
I enjoy Panera Bakery in silence,
I drive my car with no radio,
I treat myself to a 7 mile hike on the north side of grapevine lake,
my soul is complete not letting anyone's noise in,
I answer no phone calls today,
The tube is dusty, as it is silent today,
My life needed to be silent,
God filled my void of noise with His breath of continued encouragement,
My soul is gratified with the presence of not letting any outside voices in.
Be still and know that I am God and I love you in my silence...

Well, I have started handing out awards for this new season. The first award I will be handing out, will be going to my new little brother, that I have never had one to pick on, and "Your a Dumbass award" goes to Clint D. from My Martini bistro in North Arlington. Congrats Clint, you know U rock.

Marriage is designed by God to be a lifelong covenant, a forever love affair. But how do we keep that covenant from being threatened by another kind of affair? This explosive new series by Ed Young teaches us how to protect our marriages and families from adultery-how to keep the unthinkable from tearing apart the marital love affair. It's said this is going to be the 2nd most controversial series ever done by Ed Young at Fellowship. You don't want to miss this series. I will see you this weekend at FC.

This weekend my friends and I are heading to Downtown Grapevine for a yearly showdown of good old Texas wine. It runs through this Sunday. Game ON!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is with the award things given out? I hope that you are at least sending out a certificate to the people as you post it on your site. That would just add to the appeal of getting an award from you.

S

Anonymous said...

I want an award....I don't care if it's for the biggest boobs or the biggest mouth or the most uptight, etc. I want a gold trophy too! :)
p.s. who's the sexiest fat man in Omaha?
m

Anonymous said...

hey- how's the couch? did it all fit? when's the paint party? i want pictures....get a digital camera or borrow one, but send me shots asap please
m