Wednesday, February 22, 2006

What to do for a dying mans last wish...ColdPlay once again... Winter weather

I recently got a good encouraging email from a very good friend from long ago. I have asked for your prayers for this person, and it is time she recieves some more. I was only going to include the 2nd paragraph, but this person illustrated it to a tee, what I am about, and what I live life for.
Hi Randy,
Just a quick note to say hello!!! I want you to know ... you inspire me. I'm at a crossroads in my life and I'm afraid... then I read your blog and realize how far you have come since 1992. You have taken many risks in life and seem to refuse to accept middle ground. That makes me proud of you and smile a lot. You are a friend that captures life and the urgency for tomorrow.

It's been two years after my divorce. I am now at a new church with new opportunities and a hope for a new life. I'm still contemplating going back to school or at least some new workshops etc. I still have no clue where I'm going or how I'm getting there but I want something different. I've been involved with a guy for about 2 years. In these two years he has fought colon cancer and cancer has now moved into his brain. Although, the tumor is stable it will eventually kill him. He is a great guy but has shut out God for over 25 years. He was raised in a Christian home and accepted Christ when he was young but never really wanted to do anything about it. I've struggled staying with him because we don't share the same love for spiritual things. Yet at this point can I really leave a dying man whom I love tremendously and so much want a future with?
I hope you are doing well. When are you coming back to Omaha???? Among all your running around... if you have time for an old friend... look me up! Keep living life!
Love you Kid!
I share that with you all, one to let some of the "nay"sayers know that I do get emails daily. Red, I would say that you already know what to do, if not read my Valentine that I sent to all of my friends and family. I am sitting here thinking and crying to myself, as I go to bathroom to wipe my tears. As a man sometimes sick, not to healthy, and if I could pass on some good advice from one dying man to another. Red, he just wants to be loved, when it is time for him to come back to Christ, you will know it. The biggest thing that you can do is, let go of the past, count each day as a blessing that you get to share with him. Don't go to bed mad, keep communicating to him, your love for Christ first, and yourself 2nd, and him 3rd. You still need healing-RED. When it is time for God to reveal the path He wants you to go down, you will know. With all my love to you always I say this, NO, at this point you CAN'T leave a dying man whom you love tremendously and so much want this relationship to keep going into the future.

I hope you are not mad that I included this, but I think this part of you life, maybe someone else needs to hear it, for encouragment. love you RED!!!!!

Well, the cold air is slowly leaving. I have gotten my taxes done, and can't wait to go shopping. I was walking the other day, and just laughing that I am still here, breathing, living life, and trying to stay healthy in this unclean world. I have talked with a lot of people visiting Dallas, and they have been sharing with me that they have not enjoyed their experience, and they can sure tell that a good majority of the people are fake, money hungry, and really don't care about you, but just themselves. Sure is not the Midwest that is for sure.

Weekend worship services this past weekend were a little down on the numbers of people but, I recently re-connected with my old workout partner and his wife. It was good to see them, and catch up on old times. The last song was "God put a smile upon your face", and Eric Orsen did an awesome job of singing song by the band ColdPlay.

living for an audience of ONE...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Coldplay was just here the other night in concert. Didn't go. Wanted to. Where's the olympic coverage you sports freak?

S