Friday, January 27, 2006

Not about me, but you...

The week has come and gone, and boy am I tired. In a nut shell, it goes something like this. Worked Mon, Tues, at FC the past two nights. Helped out at C3 all day and night Wed. & Thur morning. A couch repair man fixed my couches at noon, Karla took me out to lunch at 1pm, jumped in the car for an 7 hour drive to Branson, arrived at my friend JJ's place at 10:15pm, talked with him & the roomies till 1am, all of us up at 7:30. They left to go to college, and I drove another 30 minutes to my dads, and have been on the run all day long.

The C3 was very good, Ed was incredible and the opener of the conference was another show-stopper"Lets Get it Started" by the Black Eyed Peas crazy performance.

It has been a long road, and very hilly, bumpy, and windy way to realize it can't be about me anymore, but you. A great best friend has been trying to get me to understand that when God wants you to focus on Him, He will strip all other idiols, and friendships away. I have been long awaiting the day where I have finally understood that the only true relationship/friendship is with our creator.

The question that I have been asking myself for awhile is from this most recent series, pronouns. "What would you have not done, if they had not influenced you to do, if they had not been around?"(short form) Everybody has friends that influence you, some good, some bad, and some you just don't understand. God has brought me out of my comfort zone from Omaha, through Vegas, to Dallas to throw me on my back, so the angle I can visualize is only towards Him. Dad has been going through the exact same journey with God and me trying to show him that him and his wife need to be at James River Assmbly. They have been thrown around like little rag dolls, until God said, "this is where you belong, not here, not doing this, not involved with these people, but HERE." Is it not really ironic that we both realized our need to believe in the one who knows best, all with in the last 2 months.
Strange, no I dont think so, God-yea I think so.

No comments: