Sunday, August 13, 2006

Saying Goodbye to the past....

Well today is the last day of the weekend, I was able to hangout with one of my best friends David and we had a great time. We did go to the Stand prayer service and God really met me there and I know He met David there. It was a little different and out there, but I know we are planning on going back.

This weekend at FC was on "Going Deep" in the area of recommitment and baptism. They had a special video message and a invitation to come forward for baptism, it was awesome. Next weekend Ed will be starting a new series, we get a new set/stage design and David and Donnie are going to start coming on Saturday nights to this series. David and I have been talking and we both realize God wants us to be in ministry together, we are not sure how that plays out, but we are examing the possibility of writing a book together. So please pray as we try to tackle that endeavor. David use to be the manager for the Trinity high school girls volleyball team and there was an alumni volleyball scrimmage Saturday night. He found out about it at church on Wednesday and invited me to go. It said it was very important for me to go, so not to make plans. Ok yea I get it this kid has an 8 pac, an all around great athletic body, but I have never seen someone play volleyball like that. He absolutely was powerful with his serves and spikes, and was a lot better than the girls who he use to manage. We had an all athlete participation dinner, and of course I had to come, it was a free meal. So that brings to my next order of business, David made the comment that he has been going to FC for a while, and "well Randall, you have not visited my church yet", so I went to the two hours service and then we went to Blue Mesa in Addison for a free all you can buffet before I begin to shed my past.

David and I are starting a sugar fast for him, and I am doing the Master Cleanse diet for me for the next for 40 days. We also started the 40 Days of Purpose by Rick Warren as well. I am on my way to shedding a lot more weight, plenty of crap that I have been putting into my body and of course trying to better myself spiritually, this time I have a friend who is going along side of me. So far since Easter, I have lost 65 pds, 4 inches of my waist and have gained a lot more confidence, better self esteem, and of course I have been two blind dates and I am seeing a girl who is really interested in me. I am not, but the point is, SHE IS INTERESTED.

living for an audience of ONE...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Randy

I "just happened" (that is, if you believe in coincidences) upon your blog. :-)

I did the Master Cleanser. It was great. I felt great on a juice fast-- light, clearer in my thinking, the whole nine yards.

Take care!