Thursday, August 10, 2006

God works in mysterious ways...

even at 4am inthe morning, that is forsure. I never thought that I would be linked up with such an awesome men of God, twice in my life time, once of course with Matthew Smith but secondly with a younger kid who is still wet between the ears. We are best friends, but we consider each other brothers. We laugh, joke, play sports all the time (volleyball, swimming, tennis, and of course football). He is a sophmore in college and a very active athletic young man, who stretches himself too thin. He does however make time for people who make time for him.

Last night was the first time that I had chatted with David since our vacation. My spirit was really uneasy, we had a pretty intense talk on the way home, and the meat of that was that "I spiritually challenge him to seek God with our nightly talks that (he had thanked me for alot and appreciated) always point David to seeking Him more, but he was not interested in moving along spiritually while going to college. He loves the ladies and just wanted to play the field, so I had a problem with that. I know deep down he did as well, but he has been able to build a very strong wall these last two years that he didn't really want God to knock down, until God put me in his life. I wake up Wednesday morning at 3:45am and was very sick to my stomach, at 4am he sent me two texts saying that he wants to get his life back in order in seeking God, and he wanted my help, support, and encouragement. My spirit was humbled with a smile, so I jumped into my car and went to go talk to him at 430am. He knew deep down I would come, and was thrilled to see me, we talked, cried, prayed and I left his house at 6am, I had to go to work you know.

The out come of that was my life was touched by God also and we are both helping each other by getting back on track spirtitually. I too have been running just like him, but we both know that God wants us to be friends and right now my life would not be the same with out him. We both hang out all the time, and we don't even drive each other nuts, which is a good thing. We are getting ready to start the Purpose Driven Life together and we are going to a non profit ornganization prayer service called Stand. I don't know much about it, we are going with Joshua another best friend of David's.

living for an audience of ONE...

No comments: