Monday, August 07, 2006

Branson Bound was not a bust...

One of my new best friends David Thompson and I had a incredible road trip and our first vacation that was an awesome time. He was able to meet my two friends Clay Wheeler and JJ Junge which they all kicked it well together. We all stayed at the Falls Creek Resort in Branson.

I finally was able to meet one of my dad's best friend named Danny. This guy is a character and boy is he jokster. He is my dads age and his life has been put threw the ringer. Here is just some of things that Danny has lived threw. He has been struck by lightening, tried to help a girl who was getting gang rapped in an alley, and they beat him up and left him for dead, luckily the girl got away, his heart shut down and he died and went to Heaven and Jesus told him, "no, not yet" and he came back to life, the bottom of his heart does not work, he is diabetic, lastly this guy has had colon cancer for the past 5 years and you can tell he is really suffering, but drives, walks and encourages people to keep living life.
My father called me and humbled me and David to tears. Danny was so excited and thrilled to hangout with us for two days. Dad said, that he didn't feel no pain, he was able to sleep a full 8 hours, and that Dad should be proud that he had one of the nicest sons on the planet. With a list of attributes of me, I was humbled, because this guy was so real, open, honest, fun loving, that I thought I was so blessed to meet him, that he encouraged my soul so much that it was really hard to leave him. Danny told dad that David and I need to be in ministry together and helping young people live a more fulfilled life. I don't know what that means, but I know David is stoked about doing life and ministry with me, his new best friend.

living for an audience of ONE...

No comments: