Sunday, August 20, 2006

One wild weekend...Currency, Cops, and Cooling OFF

David and I worked together this past Thur., Fri., and Saturday at the Blue. Thursday we were planning on going to StandUSA.com, but he got out of work late, it started around 7pm and he didn't get over to my place until 7:45p.m. We started talking and then we waited for our friend josh to call us back for us to ride with him, and he called us back when David was using my phone and we didn't get the voice mail back until 9:30p.m. Saturday we all met at David's house at 5:45p.m. and all headed to FellowshipChurch.com for the new fall series CLUELESS.

CURRENCY-Dollars. Pounds. Lira Rubels. Euros. Pesos. The value of currency fluctuates daily with the market. But when it comes to God's economy, the market doesn't determine the value of His word to us. This weekend Ed Young taught us how we can cash in on some currency that really matters, currency that has the power to change everything, so that we are not-CLUELESS.

We made it in with 5 minutes to spare as the count down began. We heard two girls yelling my name, and to my astonishment it was friends from TGIFridays at the DFW INTL Airport that I use to work with. I of course asked them how they heard about coming to FC, and Cara said well of course YOU. My heart began to really beat, she said, "I told my mom that I really wanted to get back into church and where should I go". Judy Razor replied with, "Well you know Randall moved down to Dallas for this church called FC and it is really close, and you should really check it out." Her sister Amanda just moved back from Phoenix and she wanted to go to and so Cara invited her and it also was the kick off for the new fall series.

Deep inside my tear ducks began to fill, and I realized that if I never moved here, they might not of ever been exposed in such a positive way to hear about it, I would of never met Afif, and began a friendship with one of my new best friends David Thompson, that right now is priceless. His two other best friends Donnie and Josh were able to go with us, and it was an awesome service. The series opener was like a movie trailer and then the worship started with a intense get on your feet praise song with an awesome light show. The special song before the message was a drama with no words, just 12 or so people holding quotes, like ( I promise to get my homework done), and then on the back side was a letter that all spelled out "God Stays True while Eric Orson sang a intense song called "Chaos".

Josh and Donnie went their separate ways after a little mingle at the house. David's parents took the kids out of town, and so David asked me to crash at his place unlike normally at mine. We both always to do something athletic and adventuresome, he wanted to climb on Trinity High school roof to talk, but I was not really wanting to do that. He said, "We are going to get a movie, but we are going to walk down this scary old abandon road that no one ever uses. On the way back of course, only 3 houses on this 1mile & half road with no street lights, this car is coming up behind us and of course slows down and stops only to reveal that it was the cops. Just lovely, we were not doing anything wrong, and after 10 minutes of them finally realizing that they gave us a ride back to the David's car that he had parked at the end of the road in a subdivision. We watched the movie, crashed, woke up to a nice morning swim, and then we went to check out one of 7 churches to see what else is out there. The MetChurch was really good

living for an audience of ONE...

No comments: