Friday, April 10, 2009

Was it a Good Friday...

well to some, maybe even alot of people would say Yes. "I got up started some coffee, kissed my old lady goodbye and headed off to the loop to starbucks for work. I dont work really early in the morning, I did my 6 hours and headed back to the south side. I got home and with in 5minutes my Good Friday went bad. My sister gave me the news that my best friend had passed away in a car accident this early morning. I got pissed, I cried, I broke my wifes favorite picture of us when we got married, I raged. Im a good Christian catholic man trying to just live a good life. There is no way that my best friend just died this early morning from a drunk driver hit and run.
You have to check out this article>>>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30151844/


"Randall my life just stopped and I need someone to help start it back up again?" That's what I heard on the other side of the phone, that a buddy of mine just told me. Eddie is a humble but proud Guatemalan who just lost his best friend. What really pissed him off was the hit and run driver was an off duty cop. What do I do Randall?"

Well the only open door I had was wide open. Bill Hybels would be oh so proud...I walked thru it. I get these scenarios all the time. I enjoy meeting people, hanging, bonding with people that God brings into my path. I will always do that...Life is all about people on our spirtual journey.

I just started working at my new starbucks just 4 weeks ago and last weekend I hung out with this guy named Eddie. I have already described his birthday a few posts ago. Great 25 year old that just got married on Halloween night. We talked for awhile on the phone Friday afternoon, and had to get off the phone when his mourning friends started piling into the house. He wanted to hang with me after I got off work. I got to his around 11am, his wife left a short time after that and we hung till 6pm. We chilled, listened to music, he showed me around Pilsen, met his sister, niece and mother and really got to know this kid. He commented to me towards the end of our hangout time. "Randall I knew there was something I liked about you. Your like me, your real, compassionate, very chill and geniunly like getting to know people. Im glad that I just met a new friend. Thanks for hanging w/me today, I really needed that."

Eddie it was my pleasure, Im really enjoy all my interaction with in the latino community. They love their familes, their culture and meeting new friends.

WillowCreek.org Facebook myspace.com/randypaulthompson

No comments: