Sunday, October 22, 2006

Silence is Golden

This weekend at Fellowship was an awesome service that God really met me at. I went to the 6:30pm and 10am on Sunday morning as well. The theme of the weekend was on silence and What's The Point.--It's the most basic, yet profound question we can ask. But so often, we get distracted and set aside our quest to uncover the reasons behind what we do. The routine of everyday life keeps the answers at bay, And for Christians, life gets to be all about a list of do's and don'ts rather than about the God we serve. In short, we end up missing the point.

This weekend there was no smoke, no moving lasers, no lighting changes, just a quiet worship to reflect on how God can speak to us through silence They had lots of video and a segment on questions that we read on the screens and two songs played, one with a song leader singing, but no congregation. The other just instrumental with only the words on the screens while the cameras panned the stage as it was all lit up with about a 100 candles. It was a very moving service. Today I decided to block out all distractions for me personally, that meant no cell phone, no t.v., no radio. I was humbled as a I realized that I can hear and feel God more when life's noises are not up and running.

living for an audience of ONE...

No comments: