Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween... A time to try and rejoice..

Debbie my gm of the store, David, and I went to go hangout at a birthday party in south Arlington last night. This was not any special birthday party. It was for a friend who we work with whose mother is dying of cancer of the throat. Debbie asked me to go for support and of course when David and I were talking at 3am in the morning this past Saturday, I told him I really don't want to go. He assured me I would be fine because he is going with. I thought he was joking, only because he has so much other stuff to do that would be more important. He replied "what would be more important than hanging out with my best friend who needs my support in a rough time". She has cancer really bad and only has less than 2months to live, and she leaves to go back to Mexico this weekend to finish out her time. The party was hard to be at, but you can tell they love their mother to pieces. Please pray for this family that God will give them strength as they will need it.

Tonight was the end of the regular season for Davids volleyball intramural. It ended with a blast. His whole family went even the 3 little brothers, me and his other best friend Joshua who was the one who really taught him how to play volleyball, after his two/one games won. After the big win we all went back to the house for apple cobbler and ice cream. Once again good times had by good friends.

living for an audience of ONE...

No comments: