Monday, July 24, 2006

Ready for a Flashback???

As I was on my way to pick up David for church, I got a call from a 402 area code, that I didn't recognize. It was John and Shelly Ammerman from Omaha that live next to me,letting me know that the family reunion had begun, and that Tim and Carla Ammerman were here in Dallas at Fellowship right now for the 10am service. So I waited for David to get out of the restroom and we made it in with 6 min. to spare. I tried to call them back, but no luck. We walked by the section that we normally sit in, and 6 people stood up and yelled, "Thumper." We sat down and said our hello's and I whispered to Tim and Carla, just remember this not a normal church, and they said, "we know that, just look at the sanctuary."

The count down to when the service begins, hit 5 seconds. The house lights went dim, bellows of smoke filled the stage while an explosive light show began while the worship leader and band exclaimed, "who is ready to worship at Fellowship today?. I wish I could of been quick enough, and I would of been able to catch both of their eyeballs popping out of their sockets. Right before the message, he asked me if this was a special service, and I said, no, it is always like this, but if anything it is little toned down since Ed was gone." After the service, they both said, "well we definitely know why you moved down here to come to this church, FC would never fly in Omaha."

living for an audience of ONE...

No comments: