Sunday, November 23, 2008

Your already pulling that "card?"

Well I'm still trying to get adjusted to the Windy City way of life here in Chicago. This last week all of downtown and the mag mile has been busy with getting the final touches all ready for the big Tree Lighting Ceremony that takes place the last weekend before Thanksgiving week. It starts with a big event at 10am and theres tons of things going on all day. The ceremony begins at 6pm with Micky Mouse turning on all the lights at once.

This week I have noticed the downtown just transforming into Christmas decorations, very impressive I must say. Well the weather for the last 3 days has been really cold, so Katrina and I decided lets opt to watch it on TV. The place was packed, they closed down the whole mag mile south to the Trump Hotel and they have marching bands, floats, a huge parade and they really kinda went all out for this. Very cool, but too cold 4 us.

I can say that Hyde Park is definitely on the map and the African American community is going crazy over it all. People are selling buttons, hats, jackets, maps and of course his picture is all over it. So that brings me to my next topic of discussion which I'm sure will get me in trouble.

OK, let's get this all out in the open. I'm all for equal rights, white, black, Asian, catholic, baptist, whatever. I believe God wants us all to be joyful and happy, yes even if a person chooses to love the same sex. It's their choice. Now that you already have the first ever African American president elect starting on Jan 20, I have just one question. Can you please at least wait until he is in the role of president before you pull the black card? I mean cm on, it's not even thanksgiving and your already, ALREADY pulling that frickin card. People your not that ignorant, stop it.
WillowCreek.org Facebook myspace.com/randypaulthompson

No comments: