Saturday, November 29, 2008

mourning my loss... Happy 10 years! Daily robbery?

Its still technically thanksgiving weekend, but its really over already for me. I had 3 days off and it was a good time to reflect for me. Ten years ago this weekend was the last time I saw my mother alive. I still remember it like it was yesterday. For some odd reason (now I know why), I could not stop hugging and kissing my mom. We just held each other for a long time. I tried to leave several times, by literally getting in the car, and I would put in park and get back out, run in and love on her for a few minutes longer. The drive home was very emotional for me, I was confused, but I knew the time might be approaching.

This weekend has been hard, but also refreshing. I'm also celebrating my 10 year spiritual birthday that occurred this upcoming Sunday night. My best friend in Omaha, has already called to wish me a happy birthday. It literally blew me away. I also have already called my b/f at the time, who walked me thru the prayer of confession of my only need of a savior that could out surpass my every need to go on thru life. That Sunday night was written in stone and I'm eternally grateful for God placing Curtis Stalnaker in my life path.

So now I ask you and of course myself, where in the heck did 10 year go? This week has been a bit quiet, mommy and my other daughter Jasmine went back home to see the family in Virginia, they got back home last night.
Wednesday could of been a really bad day, but I guess you could say that "the Man" was looking out after me. Some guy came up behind me and robbed me. I didn't see it coming, but the only good thing out of the whole bad situation was, all he wanted was my subway sandwich, and that's what he got. All I could envision while kind of chuckling underneath my breath was... seeing that Seinfield episode where "Jerry" grabbed that rye bread out of the old ladies hand and ran down the sidewalk without, it bouncing every direction. That's basically what happened to me, so if your ever in my area, hold on to your sandwich, b/c they is a subway bandit out on the loose. lol

WillowCreek.org Facebook myspace.com/randypaulthompson

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow- what a weekend for you! Next July will be the 10 year anniversary of the death of Jeff's mom- where has the time gone? I've enjoyed reading your blog Randy- keep writing!
Oh- that Seinfeld image immediately popped in my mind- I couldn't help but laugh. Sorry you got robbed- I'm glad that's all he wanted!