Saturday, December 16, 2006

Waiting for the sun to shine again...

I know it is probably hard for people to imagine, but for many, many years I have been suffering from depression. It is hard to admit, but if I want my friends and family to be real, open, and honest with me, then I need to be as well. Well over 10 years, I have had depression spells through out year. However, these past two years have been really hard, and I have really tried to find my inner peace with God to continue to keep going. I know I am suppose to be here, but the voices keep telling me, that I am nothing. I know that is not true.
With the strong support and influence I have around me, I have found a doctor, and I have my first appointment this Monday at 2:30pm. Since my friend has been so on my ass to get checked out to see if I need to be on antidepressant medicine, David was the first one I called to say hey, here is when my appt is. Without hesitation, or me asking him, he said " You know I am going with you to that appt". I told him that was not necessary and he said , "YES, it is, I am one of your best friends who really cares and I want you to know, it will be OK" How cool is that, a friend needs no excuse to be a really good friend when needed, and I don't even have to ask.

Today is the passing away date of my mother Patricia Jean Thompson, I can't really believe it has been 8 years, but time does fly by. I am glad she still guides me through my day, and I know her and Christ still have a guiding hand on my life.
living for an audience of ONE...

No comments: