Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A Merry Christmas...without deppression

This Christmas was alot more merry since my others here in Dallas. Saturday 12-23 we had our 2nd Fellowship alumni reunion dinner. We all met for the 7pm service at FC and then went to dinner at Cantina Laredo. My two ex roommates and their wives also came with. Christmas Eve day and and Christmas Day was spent with David and his family. I picked him and his family up for church Sunday morning, and then we came back to watch his brothers while they went out to celebrate their anniversary. We all picked up the house, then went to the last Christmas service at Fellowship which was their first time. We came back for pizza and hung out and talked.

I had to work Christmas day, but then headed over to David's for another amazing turkey dinner. We then exchanged gifts between David and I , while his family watched, then watched scrooge the movie, tossed the new football around that David got me and then I had to head home.

Last night David wanted all of his best friends to hang out with him and do something adventurous. We got snacks and then headed to downtown Grapevine, Texas and started walking down the train tracks for over 4 hours till 2am in the morning. We had a really good time, lots of laughs, lots of rapping and of course David making us all feel right at home with his humor.
This Christmas was alot better. For over 10 years I have suffered from depression, it really sucks, it almost got the best of me, but I am glad for my close friends that I have call at times in the night to let them know I am not doing good. Very appreciative for David and Josh who would swing by on the way home to check up on me, and make sure I got to sleep alright before they would let themselves out. David, and Matthew Smith finally talked me into getting on medication, last Friday the doctor ran test and since I have never been on medication, it has taken affect right away. I am so glad for that, because I was starting to ruin some friendships.

Tomorrow my parents get in town, and David and I will go pick them up at the hotel and then our parents are going to hang out and go for dinner. Saturday night they will be going to FC 5pm service and then head back home, this will be dads wife first time at FC. I also remembered I have my first ever blind date this Sunday night. Yes I am nervous. It can't be to bad, I am going out with one of the "Coors Light girls" YEA

living for an audience of ONE...

No comments: